We’re hiring: Front-End Developer (20 hours per week)
Send a résumé and brief introduction to: [email protected].
HDpiano is looking for a remote front-end developer to join our small but capable technology team, building the web’s most comprehensive online platform for piano lessons and courses. Our team is mostly based in North America and looking to hire there as well, though exceptions can be made for exceptional candidates.
We have a simple mission at HDpiano: to teach millions of people how to play their favorite songs on the piano. The heart of HDpiano is video tutorials and the brand is expanding into a variety of spaces that bring more piano education into people’s lives. We are building our company to be the Netflix of piano lessons, and we believe that HDpiano can become one of the most valuable and well-known piano education brands in the world. Over 180 Million people have watched our tutorials and we’re welcoming heaps of new users every day.
HDpiano’s company culture is new-age. Our fully-remote team works asynchronously and places high value on tools and systems that optimize for this. We have a preference for leanness and minimalism in everything that we do. The Pareto Principle drives much of our thinking.
You would join a technology team that includes a UX/UI designer and two highly experienced full-stack developers.
This is a remote position, so you must be self-motivated and have a passion for learning more about front-end development. We care less about your experience with any given part of our tech stack than we do about your ability to quickly understand new patterns and technologies and move tasks forward every day.
- Implement a design system, using accessible, minimal and performant HTML and PostCSS;
- Create page templates from Figma designs;
- Modify existing templates on request and address bugs;
- Build with an eye on performance, as measured by Google Lighthouse/Core Web Vitals and other benchmarks;
- Document what you do and communicate proactively with other members of the team;
- Offer a consistent fraction of your time as “office hours” (likely 8-10 hours) to allow for meetings or synchronous communication (though we generally prefer async).
- 2-3 years as a front-end web developer;
- Knowledge of version control, especially GitHub;
- Remote work experience, including chat-based work culture and async communication;
- Understanding of and openness to the code review process, including a willingness to adapt your code style to fit the team and incorporate feedback;
- Familiarity and ability to work with task tracking software, e.g., JIRA, YouTrack, Trello;
- Native or near-native English speaker.
- Experience with SEO and Analytics tracking;
- WordPress/WooCommerce experience;
- React experience, especially within the context of the Gutenberg block editor in WordPress;
- Back-end experience with an object-oriented language, especially PHP.
This is a contractor position with an hourly rate from $40 USD to $65 USD, DOE.
You will be given a great degree of autonomy in your work and hours, with the “office hours” exception given above. We have only one standing meeting per week on Mondays, which tends to be 30-45 minutes long, and other meetings are only scheduled when needed.
HDpiano is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
HDpiano is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform us if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
To apply, send a résumé and brief introduction to: [email protected]